Who Should Win the First AEW Trios Championships?

  


This year’s edition of All Out is having the slogan be “Where champions are made” as seen in the picture above. Immediately this got me speculating that this would be the event where AEW finally debuts the long talked about trios division and titles. I will be honest, when the idea of a trio championship first came up, I was not a fan. But recently that has changed with AEW focusing more and more on all the different factions and teams they have created. When I looked into it even more, I got really excited when I thought about all the different groups that could compete in this division. The Factory, The Dark Order, Team Taz, Inner Circle, Hardy Family Office, Jurassic Express, Nightmare Family, and Death Triangle are just some of the teams that could compete in a tournament for the championships but there is only one that I think would be the perfect inaugural champions.

 


The Best Friends in my opinion have one of the most interesting dynamics in all of professional wrestling. Orange Cassidy is on an absolute tear over the past 2 years and is coming off one of the best AEW title matches in company history. I've always thought It was a matter of time before Orange Cassidy won the big one I think at All Out this year, if that is when they choose to introduce the new belts, would be the best stage for Cassidy to finally get his hands on gold.

 


Best Friends, the tag team, have also been on fire recently. There street fight with Santana & Ortiz as well as their arcade anarchy match’s have proved that they are legit main eventers that can make something great out of nothing. While most all of AEW Champions at the moment are heel a true babyface team winning the belts would add a exciting element to AEW television.

 


I could see them finally having a proper conclusion to their feud with Death Triangle or having a run in with team Taz at All Out to win the match but I think that they would be a perfect choice to get the trios championships off to a good start.

Comments